Operation HOPE recently received a request from our dear friends New Vision Ministries in Haiti to help find two teachers who would be willing to teach at a YWAM English school in Saint Marc for the 2011-2012 school year.
YWAM has been in Saint Marc for 15 years and has been such an asset to that community and the entire nation. The school is primarily focused on educating missionary children (such as the Reeves' children) as well as providing a Bible-Based English education for Haitian children to equip them to reach out to their own people.
New Vision has informed us that if YWAM is unable to find two teachers by July 1, they may be forced to shut the school down permanently. Obviously, this would not only be a tragedy for children such as the Reeves family who would greatly benefit from an American education, but also for the entire community of Saint Marc who has been so incredibly blessed by the efforts of YWAM.
Please note the following qualifications and let us know as soon as possible if you or someone you know may be interested in pursuing this incredible opportunity.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in education or an education-reated field
- Must be a believer & willing to offer their life to serving the Father first
- Must have a strong desire to teach children
- Must be willing to commit to the entire school year (August 2011- May 2012)
- Must understand that they will be working in a 3rd-world country without many of the comforts and amenities that we are used to here in the USA
- Must be willing to work for no salary*
- Must be able to provide their own travel to and from Haiti*
*Please be aware that although this is an unpaid position and airfare to and from Haiti will be the responsibility of the traveler, all housing, food, and local transportation will be provided once in-country.
Please pray with us and contact Breanne Bouma ( firstname.lastname@example.org) if you feel this is an opportunity to which God is calling you. Once contacted, Breanne will walk you through the next step in this process.
In the words of Dr. Kerry, 'We'll do our part to put the opportunity out there and we'll see what God does."